Thursday, February 14, 2019

Overall State of Mind - Blogaversary












Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

As I’m sure most of you know, especially from the abundance of posts this past week, Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday and not because I have someone to share it with, but because I absolutely love, love! Picture waking up to snow on Christmas morning and the excitement you’d feel, that’s me weeks before Valentine’s Day taking out all of my heart shaped decorations, determining how much red and pink is too much (is there really such a thing???) and making a list of romantic films to watch in order to count down till the special day has arrived! At this point, I could see how you may be thinking, “Wow….” and I don’t blame you, Valentine’s Day as a favorite holiday is pretty unusual, but there is a good reason behind this I promise and maybe if Valentine’s Day isn’t your favorite you might just change your mind.

Despite popular belief, Valentine’s Day isn’t only possible to celebrate if you have a significant other, which may be hard to believe considering that the cards that flood supermarket isles are for your husband, wife, girlfriend or boyfriend. Valentine’s Day is about love, any type of love. Love for your spouse, love for your family, love for your friends (queue all the Galentine’s Day parties!) and most importantly, love for yourself (spa day, anyone?), really, in all seriousness, Valentine’s Day doesn’t only have to be celebrated if you have someone else to share it with. Self-care Sunday is a totally real thing, why can’t Valentine’s Day mean the same thing, hell, make it a Valentines self-love week! Take the day (or week, I’m always a fan of extending holidays, birthdays, vacations) and pamper yourself, do something you love but somehow struggle the find the time for during the busy work week or watch your favorite movie. The options are truly endless, which brings me to all of you.

Capsule New England had it’s very first blog post published last year on Valentine’s Day. Fitting, of course, considering it’s my favorite day, but also important because writing that first post wasn’t to gain any followers or become Instagram famous, it was solely for me. Honestly, I didn’t think anyone would even really read it and was nervous what people might think if I were to start this new chapter. There is no doubt in my mind that it was one of the best decisions I have ever made and what is so amazing about it is I made it for myself. I am passionate about fashion, about being bold and when Valentine’s Day crept closer I kept thinking I need to do this for me, loving yourself is just as important as loving someone else and this was so important to me, so here we are. My heart is so full as I celebrate Valentine’s Day and the anniversary of Capsule New England, today. I couldn’t be more grateful and appreciative of this place I’m in, grateful and thankful for all of you! Every double tap, inspiring, thoughtful, kind comment, every thought out message has truly meant so much to me. Thank you for all of your kind words and for following along on this crazy journey of mine. My wish for all of you today, is that you take a moment to really see how special each and every one of you are and to do something you love. There is no better time than now!

Happy Valentines Day loves and thank you, truly, thank you! 

xo 


Victoria 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig