Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Textured Look









Happy Wednesday, everyone! The beginning of the week started out a little rough as I was fighting off a cold, but things are looking up and I’m feeling much better today! 

The forecast in Connecticut has been a bit all over the place, snow one day and then temperatures in the 50’s the next. I blame the temperature inconsistency for my cold (summer can you hurry up??), but the glimpse at warm weather has left and today has brought with it some snow. Hopefully, it won’t be a complete blizzard. 

Anyway, lets talk fashion and how to stay warm and comfortable while dressing up! This winter season I have played around a lot with texture by mixing and matching fabrics, leathers and furs. Adding these pieces can help dress up an outfit and add depth, which I love! Black on black doesn’t look as flat when you use a different texture piece for each item. In fact, it often times allows the color to pop, one of the things I love most about this outfit! 

I paired this fur jacket with a ribbed sweater, leather skirt and tights and leather booties. In an effort to stay warm, my tights are a little thicker than a regular pair. Im always a little warmer in a skirt and tights in comparison to a pair of jeans. Cold denim always has me feeling bitterly cold. The fur and leather complemented each other so well and both kept me warm for a day outside. The best thing about these pieces is they can be worn with so many other outfits and are so versatile in color for winter. To shop my look see below. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig