Monday, September 17, 2018

Vohana Salon


Hair decisions can be some of the hardest to make! Struggling with what to do with my hair is constant. “Should I cut it short, grow it out long, do I add color or keep it natural?” The questions go on and on and I pine over them because I don’t want to make the wrong decision. As someone who has had awful experiences with making some of these decisions, mainly because I entrusted less than qualified people to take on the job, I wanted to make sure I got it right. There is nothing worse than leaving the salon with a new hair color or style that you just don’t love. After what has seemed like years of trial and error, testing out various different salons, I have finally found a place where I leave feeling like a new beautiful person every time I get my hair done. 

Vohana Salon is located in the heart of downtown Mystic in the cutest little building. Whether you are a local or stopping through for business/travel I can’t recommend them enough. The styling staff is unbelievably knowledgeable and they do an amazing job with color! My last visit was about a week ago and I have been seeing Victoria since February. This past winter I had been toying with the idea of adding color to my hair to incorporate some texture, but was concerned that it wouldn’t look natural. Weighing all of my options I decided to go to a salon in Boston to get balayage, if you aren’t familiar with this hair coloring technique it’s when a color stylist hand paints highlights onto your hair. This creates a more natural sun kissed look verse a traditional highlight. To ensure that these highlights kept their natural look I was hoping for a shade of brown just a tiny bit lighter than my own. Unfortunately, the stylist had something different in mind and it turned out much more blonde than I had hoped. 

Always thinking positively, I thought I could rock these blondish highlights even with a paler complexion, but have you ever gone to have your hair cut and you are okay with them cutting two inches (really not a lot) off and then you go home and you’re in tears because it just looks so much shorter? That is exactly how I felt. I went home, looked in the mirror and thought to myself, “Oh my gosh, I have to fix this!” Knowing these feelings would not turn into love of my new hair style I search all over locally to find a salon with a wide range of experience with color to regloss my hair. Vohana was one of the top searches with services including balayage and with a huge sigh of relief I called and they were able to fit me in that day. As soon as I arrived Victoria knew I was looking for a lighter brown and that blonder tone was not for me. She also added some additional colored strands to tie the color together. After she worked her magic, I couldn’t have been happier. Returning to my brown roots with a beautiful light brown tone was exactly what I wanted!

One experience, makes a difference when you walk out of the door completely confident with your hair and was all I needed to continue to come back again and again. Have you all had an hair horror stories? I’d love to hear!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig