Thursday, November 22, 2018

A Grateful Heart


The beginning of the holiday season always marks the beginning to the end of the year and while I enjoy all things festive, I also appreciate the opportunity the holidays provide for reflection, appreciation and gratitude for both the big and little things in our lives. As most people would say, I am most grateful for my family and friends, but there are little things I tend to take for granted that I wanted to share that I am unbelievably grateful for this year. 

1. My husbands patience. 
Chris has more patience than anyone in the world, especially when it comes to me. The fact that he can make it through The Greatest Showman Soundtrack on repeat for months and months or any Disney playlist is an absolute miracle! 

2. Walks with my mom. 
No one listens better to my never ending rants, especially on our walls after work. This woman is the strongest I know and I hope to one day be half the mother you have been to me.

3. My bed and all the bed linens in the world! 
I’m definitely one of those people who would never leave my bed if I didn’t have to and getting out of it in the morning is an absolute struggle regardless of the day. I feel very fortunate to have a cozy place to rest my head. 

4. The people I work with. 
You all know exactly who you are and you keep me 100% sane on the busiest of weeks!

5.Furry Friend Snuggles
Snuggles are my jam and my babies give the best bedtime snuggles! 

6. Camp
Camp Rising Sun is a camp for kids with cancer that I attend every summer. These kiddos give you a real perspective on the world and what it means to be a part of a family. 

7. The Beach
A place to find peace and to allow for reflection with no bias. Spending time on the sand and by the water can give your mind and body a break. I’m a firm believer that salt water heals everything. 

8. A hot cup of tea. 
Tea, oh how I love you! There is no better way to warm up, cure a cold or put a little extra warmth in your heart than a nice warm cup of tea. I owe my grandma the biggest thank you for showing my how wonderful tea time can be! 

9. A meal with my favorite people.
Meals have always brought everyone together. Even growing up I rarely remember a dinner where not everyone was present. Today these are my favorite meals with all of my favorite people gathered around a table. 

10. Magic
There is only one thing to say, “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”


I hope that this holiday season offers each and everyone of you the opportunity to reflect on this past year. From the bottom of my heart thank you for following along, I am unbelievably grateful for all of you! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig