Wednesday, February 21, 2018

New England Snow Days

Outfit Details: Dress, Boots (Similar), Sunglasses

Snow days are winter essentials and this weekend did not disappoint! Saturday night into Sunday morning we had about 8 inches of snow fall and were able to wake up to a winter wonderland. At our house, snow days are treasured, even if they fall on the weekend because they allow us the opportunity to tackle different projects or just have a day of relaxation (AND...we didn't have to shovel!). Sunday, Chris and I were able to get our kitchen finished up (we had a lot of remodeling that needed to be done and still have some more to do, but this was a serious win), organize the office and watch Django Unchained before we went to bed. All in all it was a very productive day and taking a different approach to it let us get some projects completed that we had been holding off on. The day even offered enough time to be outside and explore a bit with my mom while we shot some new outfits. Every snow day deserves a comfortable outfit and what better than a flannel dress from Kiel James Patrick!
Our approach to snow days has always been to take on the day differently than a typical week day or weekend. The point of a snow day, to us anyway, is to slow down and relax. I wanted to share with you some of my favorite snow day rituals that help Chris and I stay productive and allow us to rest!
  1.  Read! Picking up a good book during a snow storm can be one of the dest decisions. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies and as I get older I find less and less time to pick up a good book. Snow days give me a chance to catch up on my reading and if Im cozy enough I can make it through a whole book. 
  2. Organize: Organization is the key to functionality throughout the busy week and I often find that on the weekend I struggle to organize the little things in my life, such as my makeup or photos. Snow days offers the time to get these smaller organizational tasks done without taking away from my day to day obligations. Oddly enough, I find that I always have a little extra motivation for projects like these on a snow day!
  3. Movie Marathon: Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, James Bond, or any Disney movie are my go to choices. A stormy day is the perfect opportunity to cuddle up in bed in your favorite pajamas with a cup of hot chocolate and a bowl of popcorn. There are days where it is necessary to relax and recharge and this can act as the perfect excuse.
  4. Start a Project (or finish one...): Projects are endless at our house! Having just purchased our first home our list of projects has grown immensely. There is always something that can be updated, painted, sanded or refinished. The list goes on and on, but we have found it to be difficult to find the necessary time to start and even complete these projects. There is nothing worse than living in a construction zone, so a snow day offers the perfect opportunity to start a smaller project to cross it off your list. Chris was able to put on our newly painted kitchen cabinet doors (thank goodness that our dishes once again have privacy and a home)!

No matter what the day brings, I always find that a snow day allows us to step away from the monotonous day-to-day routines to enjoy the things we often put to the side. I hope you all had a great weekend and a fun snow day! What are some of your favorite snow day rituals?


Thanks for stopping by!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig